The Chess Festival has three activities:
- Open Under 2200: Open to all players with FIDE license, and FIDE rating lower than 2,200.
- Night Blitz Open & Andalusian Championship: Open to all players with FIDE license.
- Simul: 30 boards
ORGANIZATION AND VENUE
Organizer: Reverté Minerals Chess Club.
Collaboration: Consejo Superior de Deportes, Federación Española de Ajedrez, Federación Andaluza de Ajedrez.
Venue: Hotel Tryp Indalo Almería ****.
Sponsors: Patronato Municipal de Deportes de Almería, S.A. Reverté Productos Minerales.
OPEN UNDER 2200
- Swiss system, 7 rounds. Vega software. Complaints about the Vega pairing will not be accepted.
- Time control: 60’+ 30”: 60 minutes per player and 30 extra seconds for each own move.
- Initial ranking: ordered by Elo FIDE. For players that do not have Elo FIDE, order will be respectively set by Elo FEDA and alphabetically.
- All players with FIDE rating lower than 2,200 in the last published FIDE rating list can play.
- A maximum delay of 30 minutes on the official start time of each round is allowed.
- One player can ask a maximum of 2 byes in the first 5 rounds, whenever requested in the registration form or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. The player must receive confirmation. Each bye is scored with 0.5 points.
- Valid for rating FIDE, FEDA and FADA.
NIGHT BLITZ OPEN
- Swiss system, 8 rounds. Vega software. Complaints about the Vega pairing will not be accepted.
- Time control: 3’+ 2”: 3 minutes per player and 2 extra seconds for each own move.
- Initial ranking: ordered by Elo FIDE blitz. For players that do not have Elo FIDE blitz, order will be respectively set by Elo FIDE and alphabetically.
- All players with FIDE valid license can participate, regardless of their Elo.
- A maximum delay of 3 minutes and 2 seconds on the official start time of each round is allowed.
- Valid for rating FIDE blitz.
- Open Under 2200:
- November 3rd, 15:30, First Round
- November 3rd, 18:30, Second Round
- November 4th, 09:00, Third Round
- November 4th, 12:00, Fourth Round
- November 4th, 17:00, Fifth Round
- November 5th, 09:00, Sixth Round
- November 5th, 12:00, Seventh Round
- November 5th, 15:30, Closing and Awards Ceremony
- Night Blitz Open:
- November 3rd, 22:15, Tournament starts
- November 4th, 00:30, Estimated time of completion
- November 4th, Closing and Awards Ceremony at the end of the tournament.
The failure of a player a round cause disqualification unless s/he formally writes and ask to continue.
TIE BREAKS FOR THE 2 TOURNAMENTS
- Buchholz Cut 1
- The greater number of wins
- Direct encounter
Tie breaks are calculated by Vega software (complaints will not be accepted).
RULES AND LAWS OF CHESS
- FIDE Laws of Chess (July 2017), and the rules of this page will be applied.
- An Appeals Committee is going to be composed of one member of the organization with a casting vote, and 3 players with an arbiter title or alternatively the first players from the initial ranking from different chess clubs. There will be three reserves to cover any absence in the game room or the direct involvement of a member or any conflict of interest. A decision by the Arbiter on the game may be appealed to the Appeals Committee, by a formal writen letter and a payment of 80€ (to be refunded if the claimant is right), within 10 minutes after the end of the game.
By registering, participants:
- accept these rules and any changes -except lowering the prizes- done by the organization (i.e., the organization reserves the right to change these rules),
- authorize the use and disclosure of personal data (e.g., lists of results, participants, standings, games, photos …) in various media, social networks, and internet.
- subscribe to the mailing list of the chess club.